So it’s time to put your faithful motorcycle up for sale? Of course you know what a great bike it has been for you all these years, but how do you assure your buyers that your motorcycle is the one for them?
There are some bases that you should be sure and cover before and during your sale. We have put together what we believe to be the top ones that you need to sell that bike fast.
- Know the expected value of your motorcycle. You may think your bike is the best one online and worth $5,000, but unless you price it competitively you will not even get people to show up at your door.
- Clean the bike. First impressions are everything, and if someone pulls up to your driveway and sees a filthy bike, the deal may have no chance before they even get out of the vehicle. Give it a good detailing.
- Tune up the bike. The second thing that will give the meeting a good or bad impression is how well your motorcycle runs. When they hit that start button, if it purrs to life and runs smoothly, it will be another positive check mark in the buyer’s eyes.
- Service records. Hopefully you have kept good service records and/or receipts to show any perspective buyers. This will help build confidence with your buyer.
- Take pictures from many angles. When taking photos for your ad, take from every angle you can possibly think of, including the gauges, seat, tire tread, engine closeup and more. You can never have too many pictures, but you most certainly can have too few pictures.
It’s never easy to sell your pride and joy, but taking these few steps will make your selling experience a much more pleasurable one and a much quicker one.